E. Porter Emmott honors his great-grandfather by continuing his tradition of handcrafting functional products in the time honored way, with hand tools and turn-of-the-century machinery. In the small midcoast town of Waldoboro, Maine, E. Porter Emmott skillfully creates items primarily meant for "life afield".
- Locally sourced oak is finished with a food-safe finish.
- Traditional joinery.
- The leather used on the handles is the best-quality, 10 oz. Latigo leather (cowhide leather that is combination tanned).
- The chart image is permanently matted to a birch-ply tray bottom. It is then covered with a thick layer (10 millimeters) of industrial grade laminate, which is both waterproof and scratch-resistant.
- Tray featured showcases the nautical map which runs from York, ME to Cape Elizabeth.
- Custom orders are available! If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Custom orders can range 1-2 weeks depending on the nautical map chosen. In addition, the tray can be custom ordered with wooden handles, opposed to leather (see first photo).
- To clean, use a mild agent, such as window cleaner.